Nurse Entrepreneurs Release New Book with Goal to Empower and Impact Healthcare Professionals Throughout the Country
PEMBROKE PINES, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES, September 19, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Novia Markes, FNP-BC, under the leadership of her mentor Veronica Southerland, FNP-BC, and 17 other nurses announce their newest project A Nurse’s Journey To Entrepreneurship. Markes owns Be Env Wellness & Aesthetics, a MedSpa dedicated to helping the people of South Florida live vibrant, healthy lives.
This book is a culmination of decades of work within the nursing industry – from growing up with dreams of nursing to overcoming adversities such as racial disparities, teen pregnancies, and language barriers to see their childhood dreams become a reality.
In January of 2022, these 18 nurses joined Southerland, also known as Vee The NP, for a six-month intensive business builder program. Throughout this program, these nurses learned high-level business practices plus day-to-day growth tactics. They each are now healthcare business owners in states across the country.
“Creating a business-focused mentorship program for nurses is easy for me, almost a no-brainer,” Southerland said. “I’m a serial entrepreneur with quite a few successful businesses in my portfolio. But to me, that doesn’t mean much if I’m not teaching my fellow nurses who want options in addition to their bedside role. I’ve learned A LOT of lessons in my decades of being in business. My calling is to pour out all I’ve learned.”
“My husband and I own one business in South Florida that we really love,” Markes said. “However, I wanted to take my own entrepreneurial spirit mixed with my nursing skills and love of holistic, preventative medicine to create Be Env Wellness & Aesthetics.
A Nurse’s Journey To Entrepreneurship launch serves as a pinnacle for these nursing professionals. Each of them wrote their own story and allowed it to be woven into the fabric of the story of nurse entrepreneurship.
BOOK LAUNCH WEEKEND
These nurses will convene on Atlanta September 23-25, 2022. September 23, they will present to the Health Occupations Students of America program at South Atlanta High School. Community service projects will be hosted Saturday.
The Book Launch Business Bestie Lunch will take place Sunday, Sept. 25, on Atlanta’s Vee The NP Day from 1-4 pm. at Le Meridien Perimeter Atlanta, 111 Perimeter Center W, Atlanta, GA 30346 and tickets are available by clicking here. Former reality star turned entrepreneur and now current Mentor Me student, Crystana “Duchess” Lattimore, will join Southerland on the couch for a girlfriend chat about being a woman in business.
There are only 50 tickets available so attendees will have the opportunity to get their pressing business questions answered.
NURSES WHOSE STORIES ARE INCLUDED:
• Adriane M. Brown, MHA, BSN, RN – Washington
• Adrienne Cox, RN, BSN – Florida
• Alisha Cruz, ADN, RN – Delaware
• Brenda Parks DNP, APRN, MPH – Florida
• Christella Medozile MSN, LNC, APRN, FNP-BC – New York
• Cynthia Ambroise, RN, MSN, AGPCNP-BC – North Carolina
• Delana Newcoste Charles, RN, MLD-C – Louisiana
• Khadijah Fife Latham, BSN, RN – New York
• Kierra Ward, BSN, RN – Georgia
• LaTesha Dennard, RN, BSN, FNP(s) – Georgia
• Mirabelle Beck, MSN, FNP, NP-C – New York
• Novia Markes, MSN, APRN, FNP-C – Florida
• Paige Munk, ADN, RN – Missouri
• Qiana Brost, MSN, RN – Maryland
• Rakiema Sellars-Pompey, RN, BSN, CEN – California
• Sabrina Willis, MBA-HCA, BSN, RN CCPS, CPHQ – North Carolina
• Shaynae Smith, RN – Texas
• Sherry Williams, B.Ed, RN – Texas
• Veronica Southerland, RN, MSN, FNP-BC, DNP(s) – North Carolina
This book is now available for purchase.
email us here